|Safety & Security Advisory|
|1. Deal locally|
As far as possible deal locally or face-to-face to avoid most scam attempts. Do not extend payments to anyone you have not met in person or cannot be verified or contacted by any other means.
Avoid wiring funds (e.g. Western Union, MoneyGram). Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders.
Transactions are between users only, no third party provides any "guarantee".
Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
|2. Recognizing scams|
• Email or text from someone that is not local to your area.
• Vague initial inquiry, e.g. asking about "the item." Poor grammar/spelling.
• Western Union, Money Gram, cashier check, money order, paypal, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee."
• Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face to complete the transaction.
• Unverifiable business, address or contact information
|2. Data that you furnish when using any of our services or when you interact with us.|
Data you post on or send in replies to any posts is solely for the intended parties. XIGNet does not collect or store this data or use it for any other purposes.
Any interaction with us directly is in strict confidence and will not be disclosed to any other third parties, unless mutually agreed upon by the user and XIGNet.
|3. Personal Security|
• Do NOT meet anyone in private places on your first few meetings. Only in safe public places.
• Never continue meeting someone who's credentials are doubtful or cannot be verified.
• Do NOT provide sensitive personal information or media online.
• Beware of people who use social networks like facebook as their only credentials. Any social network profile or images can be faked.
• It is up to you to scrutinize an individual you meet online, in the same way that you would scrutinize anyone you meet anywhere else in real life.